Replies works by creating a forwarding rule with your email client or server to send all of your messages into your email channel in Replies. Each email channel in Replies has a unique address, which looks something like this:
That’s where you’ll direct your mail to. You can find the address in the details of your email channel.
How you set up forwarding will depend on where your email is coming from.
GSuite & Gmail
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of Gmail, then click the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Open the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab and click the Add a forwarding address button.
- A pop-up window will ask you for your forwarding address. Paste the address of your Replies email channel to the text field and press Next. A pop-up will appear where you can confirm your action by pressing Proceed.
- Go back to Replies. After about a minute you should receive a confirmation email from Google. Go ahead and click the verification link.
- Go back to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab in Gmail and make sure forwarding is enabled. Don’t forget to save via the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.